Pudsey Legal is a provider of legal services regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. You can contact us by post at Cringlebar House, 415 Bradford Road, Pudsey, Leeds LS28 7HQ; by telephone on 0113 290 0380; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director responsible for any issues relating to data protection is our Privacy Officer Carolyn Monaghan. You can contact Carolyn on 0113 290 0380 or by email at email@example.com
In the course of your legal matter, we will need you to provide us with personal data. This will always include your contact details such as your name, address and telephone number, and also evidence of your identity such as your passport and driving license. Depending on the type of matter, it may also include financial, business or medical information or information about your family.
We need this information for any or all of the following reasons:
If you do not wish to provide us with any personal information which we request from you, we may be unable to continue to act for you.
- to be able to contact you,
- to comply with our legal obligation to verify your identity,
- to be able to give you legal advice based on the full facts of your circumstances,
- to negotiate with other parties on your behalf,
- to ensure that all appropriate legal formalities in relation to your matter are completed.
We will only process your data, by contacting you, a third party or in any other way, in accordance with one or more of the following legal bases:
- Your specific consent
- Because we need the information to carry out our contract with you
- Because we have a duty imposed by law or by our regulator the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- For our legitimate interests – this may include sending you information about our services in which you may be interested, quality control purposes, obtaining management statistics.
We may need to share your data with third parties, including successors in title to our business, suppliers and external agencies which we engage to process information on our and your behalf, professional indemnity insurers, brokers, auditors, or where disclosure is required by law or any regulatory authority.
Your data will normally be retained for a period of at least 6 years from the date the matter is concluded.
You have the right to:
- Request access to any personal information of yours held by us whether provided by you or by anyone else.
- Request inaccurate information to be reviewed and corrected
- Request a restriction to the processing of personal information
- Request personal information about you to be erased
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- Request not to be subject to a decision made in an automated decision-making process using your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data in electronic form
You will not usually have to pay a fee when you request access to personal information. For your protection, we will require proof of identity before disclosing any information.
At any time, you may withdraw your consent to our processing your information.
If you are not happy with the way your data has been processed by us you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office at
Information Commissioners Office